Based on the observation of over 3,000 couples, Gottman Method Couples Therapy is a practical and highly effective approach to guiding couples across the chasm that divides them. This approach uses research-based assessments and effective interventions.
Gottman Method Couples Therapy helps couples strengthen:
- The Friendship System – the foundation for intimacy and an emotional connection
- The Conflict System – the basis for helping couples identify and address solvable problems
- The Shared Meaning System – the foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together
Mary Jane is also certified as a Keeping Love Alive® relationship leader as well as a Marriage Breakthrough® seminar presenter by therapist and best-selling author Michele Weiner-Davis. These programs will help Mary Jane teach the tools for transforming any relationship challenge into an opportunity for growth. Topics may include:
- SMARTER SOLUTIONS: Learn problem-solving methods and discover new alternatives.
- SOLUTION-ORIENTED GOALS: Develop specific, action-oriented goals with solutions.
- IF IT WORKS, DON’T FIX IT: Determine what you do differently during problem-free times.
- DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR A CHANGE: Break free from relationship ruts that have kept you stuck.
- DIVORCE IS NOT ALWAYS THE ANSWER: Learn how divorce is not always the answer and you can divorce-proof your marriage.
- HE SAYS, SHE SAYS: Understand how gender differences in communication and intimacy affect marriages.
- BECOMING A SOLUTION DETECTIVE: Identify relationship strengths and strategies that work.